FINANCIAL OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE (FOC)
Current members include:
The Financial Oversight Committee (FOC) is responsible for monitoring the overall financial health of UUCE, providing advice and recommendations regarding all financial matters to the Board of Trustees, drafting fiscal/financial policies and recommending their adoption by the UUCE Board.
The FOC meets monthly, on the third Monday, from 5:30-6:30 in the social hall. The committee shall consist of no fewer than 3 and no more than 8 members, including the Treasurer.
Activities of the FOC
- Provides monthly review of general ledger, balance sheets, and profit and loss statements.
- Provides quarterly reports on the current Budget, including the status and projections of income/expenses, (October, January, April, July).
- Creates and maintains policies for internal controls, procedures for money handling, and all matters involving UUCE finances.
- Evaluates financial/fiscal implications of policies, proposals, and practices.
- Researches and makes recommendations on key issues related to the church’s finances.
- Works with/ provides support to the Treasurer. Assist Treasurer to monitor bookkeeper.
- Reports to the Board of Trustees.
- Reviews the annual budget and treasurer’s annual report.
- Schedules “counters” for Sunday plate collections and fundraisers.
- Provides ongoing financial education for committee chairs and others.
- Meets annually with other committees in the “financial cluster”.
- Creates an annual work plan with goals which incorporate UUCE Board priorities.
- Reviews restricted funds and expenditures of restricted funds to help ensure that they are spent as the donor requests.
- Conducts preliminary internal audit.
|UUCE FY14 Proposed Budget||100 kB|
|UUCE 2014-15 Proposed Budget||41 kB|
|March 2013 Balance Sheet||13 kB|
|March 2013 P&L||16 kB|
|UUCE FY12 Approved Budget.pdf||66 kB|
|Budget Narrative 2011-2012||135 kB|
|UUCE FY13 Approved Budget||70 kB|