CHECKLIST for Creating an Adult RE PROGRAM or course
You will want to plan well in advance of your event to insure the best possible attendance and outcome.
1. Get approval/clearance from the Adult Religious Education (Adult RE) Director, Katy Siepert.
Obtain and complete the proposal form from the Director of Religious Education, Katy Siepert.
Criteria for accepting a class/program include: content consistent with the UUCE mission and/or Adult RE purpose; congregational interest; quality of the curriculum; qualifications of the presenter; availability of dates and times and space; cost to the church and participants.
Once you receive approval:
2. Reserve the room(s), date(s) and time(s).
Use the UUCE web site to reserve the room(s) for your events.
Take into consideration that other activities, classes and programs are occurring at UUCE. Check the church events calendar at http://uueugene.org/calendar/
If space is not available for your first choices, provide possible alternative dates and times.
3. Make arrangements for publicity.
Refer to the many ways of communicating at UUCE and use submission guidelines http://uueugene.org/submitting-information/submissions
- Bulletin Boards in the Social Hall
- Our UUCE Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UUEugene
- Listservs by interest http://uueugene.org/listserv/
- Our Weekly eBulletin/Order of Service http://uueugene.org/weekly-ebulletin/
- Our monthly Newsletter http://www.uueugene.org/connect1/newsletters/
4. Make arrangements for registration, if that is needed.
Registration commonly is done in the chapel on sign up lists after church services, and also may be done by e-mail or telephone contact.
5. Arrange for child care if that is needed.
It is UUCE’s intent to provide child care for all church meetings, if requested. Include child care needs in the proposal for your event, including the number of children and their ages.
6. Arrange for opening/unlocking and closing/locking the meeting area.
If the building will be locked at the time of your event, arrange to obtain a key from the Phoebe, the UUCE office assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org and learn the procedures for managing the alarm system.
7. Other tasks (which might be done by the class/program presenter, and/or by volunteer help) may include:
Name tags; food planning (refreshments are optional); planning and set up for AV equipment, clean up; photo copy of handouts; availability of pens or pencils and paper; welcoming and greeting and directing to the child care area; sign making; and, extra help for unanticipated tasks.
8. Evaluation of the class/program.
If an evaluation of the class/program is to be done, give the participants an evaluation form (provided by the Director of Religious Education) at the last session. The completed forms are to be collected and returned to DRE, Katy Siepert.